Wednesday, February 9, 2011

valentine swap

It is yet another snow day here! It is pretty crazy. This is the second week I haven't worked at the food bank. I feel like I haven't been there in forever. According the the weather channel it looks like it is supposed to warm up soon so maybe the mountains of snow will start melt so this town can go back to our normal schedule!

It hasn't been bad though. I have enjoyed watching the snow come down and how the town has seemed to have slowed down. I have spent this morning in my Grinch pajamas & red slippers, listening to some Jeremy Larson while doing some crocheting. It's been so nice & cozy!

A couple days ago I recieved my first package from the Valentine Swap by Strumpets Crumpets. I actually ended up with two partners, I'm not sure if it was an accident or not but it was fine with me!

This one is from Karla of The Itsy Bitsy Spider. She is a crocheter as well and she sent these cute little gumdrop mice! Aren't they the cutest? If you would like to make some of these for yourself, she is selling the pdf pattern for these in her shop here.

Remember that flag bunting I made last week during our last big storm?

It was so much fun to make that I have been making more triangles for more of them. Right now they are being blocked. I made the turquoise one out of one my handspun yarn.

I love the texture the handspun gives! I need to spin some more so I can make more flags!

5 comments:

@lyss@ said...

the cuteness of those mice is almost unbearable!!! Love it!

Gwiddle said...

Oh that is so adorable! I want to learn to crochet mice and cute flags! I love that blue yarn, it is so pretty:) I hope your having a great day!

Elora said...

Thanks for following my blog! I'm following you now too. :D

I absolutely love those little crochet mice. So cute!

Super fun little flags too!

Jessi said...

those mice are so cute!

DaCraftyLady said...

OM thopse mice are adorable.. :) I love little crochet...