So here goes, what's your favorite book? I have a list of favorites, but one that is most important - Hope for the Flowers! If you've ever read it you know it's amazing! The book has a very special place in my fellow and my life! So I thought why not embroider the illustration on the cover. It's hanging in our bedroom, so everyday we are reminded of that sweet story!
To begin I photocopied the cover, so I wouldn't mess up the actual book, then I got these supplies together:
1.hoop (paint if you paint your hoops - I always do)
2.fabric (paint again if you paint part of your fabric, I did)
3. embroidery thread
4. carbon paper
1. Take fabric and tape it down to a hard surface.
2. Take the carbon paper and tape it carbon side down on the fabric. Then tape your photocopied book cover on top of that! 3 layers; fabric on the bottom, carbon paper, top is the paper! You must tape because you don't want the layers to shift or it will be wrecked!
3. Grab a pencil and trace the illustration you want. Use a colored pencil so you see what you've traced.
4. Take the tape off each layer and put your fabric in the hoop (you can paint wooden hoops if you'd like, of course let them dry before placing the fabric in the hoop).
5. Start embroidering! :)
6. I use my hoop as a frame, so I hot glue the extra fabric to the back of the hoop!
7. Hang it up and enjoy!!
So what's your favorite story or book? This is great for kid's rooms too! Dr. Seuss, fairy tales, fables, etc. I'd love to see your embroidered book illustrations! Stop by my blog and send me a link to your embroidery photos! I hope you all have an awesome day and lets all wish Carol and Seth happy moving and unpacking! :)