Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Meet the Newest Member of Our Family

I'm soooo excited to introduce to you the newest member of our family. Her name is Kizzy. She is 1 year old. We adopted her today from the shelter I volunteer at on Tuesdays. This morning when I finished cleaning the cat room I sat on the floor to observe and see if any of the cats would seem like a good fit for us. The first cat that came up to me was Kizzy. She crawled right into my lap and cuddled. I instantly fell in love with her. Another cat that had caught my attention was a black cat with white whiskers. She was gorgeous! I had narrowed it down to those two and decided that Seth would have to come back later to see if he liked any of them. He decided almost instantly that Kizzy was the one. We played and cuddled with her for awhile and decided she was the one.

The lady who runs the animal shelter told us that we could have her for free since I volunteered there and they were just glad that she will be going home to a loving home. We are SO appreciative!



She seems to be really happy here so far. We gave her this pretty granny square mini blanket that we got at an auction and some play toys and she is acting right at home. She loves to cuddle and play with Seth! It is so adorable!






She is perfect for us. I'm so happy to have her in our family now! Welcome Kizzy!!

19 comments:

Ashley said...

aww yay for pet adoption! what a great story!

Consider my dear said...

Welcome to the amazing world of Catlady. Its the best place!

Stronger.Faster. said...

awww... good giving a cat a home. I wish Jammie wasnt so allergic... i love cats!

Unknown said...

awe I am so happy for you all she looks happy :D

Carrie

Lindsay said...

awwwww how sweet!! congrats you guys!! <33
xoxo,
Lindsay

Victoria Rey said...

She is precious! I really love her coloring.

Kayla said...

She's so cute! congrat!

♥kayla

www.themindwandering.blogspot.com

Just Sweet Love said...

eek, Carol!! You are going to be the best mommy for Kizzy!

She's perfect!

Sian said...

She's a sweetie, congrats! I grew up with cats and really miss having one around. Enjoy!

amyschmamey said...

awe! so cute! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Aww she is adorable! I love cats! :)

http://velvetbirds.blogspot.com

PaperCameraScissor said...

She is adorable! I love her name, its different.

Amy said...

Awwww!!! She is so sweet- and I like the blanket, too! That's really great you got to keep her for free! :D

With Love, Jamie said...

Aww yay! :)
Kinda crazy... she looks just like my first ever kitty cat :)

Unknown said...

congratulations! she's so cute!

katecreate said...

Oh my goodness. Your cat is adorable!

Anonymous said...

how cute! i love her nose :)

xo Alison

angie may said...

sooo cute! :)

Sara said...

she is so beautiful! I'm so glad you adopted!