Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cool weather makes for good crocheting

I have been on such a crochet kick lately. I think it's the weather changing. Crocheting is just cozy and relaxing which is perfect for this weather! I have been working on some scarves that I would like to eventually put in the shop.

Tonight my friend Dianna invited me to her ornament exchange. I'm pretty excited! I made my ornament to give away. I hope the recipient thinks it is as cute as I do! I just love sweet little amigurumi creatures! I used this free pattern for this octopus ornament.



Speaking of ornament exchanges, I know I have given peeks at my ornament for Kimi's ornament swap but here is a good picture of my contribution to the swap! They are crocheted spools of thread! If you would like some of your own I believe she has some extras from everyone who took part in the swap and will be having a giveaway soon on her blog so keep an eye out on that!



Last week I finally got my haircut. I decided to go ahead and get some bangs. I think I really like them! What do you think?

17 comments:

Lindsay said...

OMGOSH!! That Octopus and spool of thread are so cute!!! I want one!!! the scarves look great too. I really want to learn to crochet, is it hard to learn? I love your bangs! I always want some but I look silly with them, I think my face is just oddly shaped. Love Love

Amy said...

I love the spool ornament!!! Love the bangs, too- they look great on you. I agree with the comment above- I always want to try them out but they would never work with my head. lol

JenCoen said...

That green scarf to the right looks exactly like the one I made this weekend (I just learned how to crochet this weekend).. lol.
I love the haircut!!
:-)

Unknown said...

The pink scarf is fab :-)
I'm having trouble finishing my crochet projects at the moment because it's starting to get so hot!

slmpetersen said...

Love the bangs! Scarves are beautiful! I hear the crochet vibe! Lots of that going on in my house too!

chelsey. said...

ooh, love your haircut!
very pretty!

love the scarves and ornaments you made, too!

Tammy said...

Oh My Gosh!! That octopus ornament is fantastic!
Great stuff!

Lindsay said...

Your christmas card is officially on its way!! Oh and I did the survey (finally)!!! Love Love
http://bearypixie.blogspot.com/2009/12/survey-and-giveaways.html#comments

Vivianna said...

OMG! I love the last photo!
have a lovely day!

Giggly said...

Awww...you're blog is so adorable! I love that crocheted spool of thread!

@lyss@ said...

love the haircut. I got side swept bangs last time, but next time I'm going to get actual bangs. I'm excited about it.

Lindsay said...

awww you are such a sweetie!! I love reading your comments they make me smile :) Let me know when you get my card, I really hope you like it! love love!!
xoxo
Linds

amy is the party said...

The scarves look great! LOVE the spools of thread too. They are SO cute!

Oh, and I am pro bangs for sure =)

Sonja said...

Thanks for following me on my blog!! I am excited to make new friends on here! I LOVE the octopus ornament! He is so cute!! Your bangs look really good on you, bangs are great for a new look! I'm excited to read all of your blogs now!

Kharlie Bug said...

Bangs look great on you!

Laura said...

very cute. love it!

www.glammed.blogspot.com

Mari said...

that octopus is so cute- I've been crocheting for almost 2 years but have never used a pattern- I get confused reading them =( but I've got to figure out because stuff like this is too freaking cute!