Thursday, March 3, 2011

crazy yarn

I spent the weekend with my grandparents & they took me to goodwill to shop. I found a scarf for $2 made from a really pretty and soft yarn. I wanted it just for the yarn so I undid the scarf and rolled the yarn into a ball for a new use.

I took some crazy green handspun yarn that I had spun when I was first learning to spin so it has all kinds of crazy slubs & plied it with the recycled yarn from the thriftstore scarf and came out with this really crazy and fun art yarn. I don't know what to do with it now but I think the yarn itself is just fun to look at! I'll make something from it when the inspiration hits. :)

I plied it with a few other yarns I had laying around but the green one is definitely my favorite!

2 comments:

Gwiddle said...

I love that yarn, its so unique!! I can't believe that you spun it too!

LittleGemsbyKari said...

what a lovely combo! great job :)