Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thanks Mom & Dad!

This past week has been busy finishing up the unpacking and getting to know the people of the church. I just want to show you this picture I took right after we came home from church. They had a pantry shower for us on Sunday and this was most of the food they gave us. This doesn't even include the gift cards. How awesome is that? They have really taken care of us since we have gotten here. We feel so blessed to be here!



I also received my birthday gifts from my parents this week.


Some vintage thread on spools.


These super cute owl salt & pepper shakers. Love them!


and some vintage dress potholders.

She also included a vintage 1940s pattern book for potholders and a couple more potholders which I didn't get good pictures of yet. Thank you Mom & Dad!!

And just to prove that I have been crafting lately...




I have been working on some scarves just to use up some of the yarn I have had sitting around. They aren't anything special but I have found it very relaxing to just do rows of single crochet without having to do much thinking and complicated stitches. It's almost addicting! I'm already on my third scarf! :)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

wow those pot holders are tooo cute!!! Love them!

Campfire Chic said...

What a great show of support, I hope you two feel right at home with your new church.

Donna's Decembers said...

Hi Carol! I just wanted you to know that I have been talking about your blog in the best of ways over at my own! Thank you for posting so many awesome DIYs! You can check it out here:

http://donnasdecembers.blogspot.com/2010/10/creative-energy-diy-overload.html

Holly Knitlightly said...

Aww, that is so amazing!