Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Granny Square Pillow


Right before we moved we bought a couch at the thrift store for $50. It is a mustardy yellow color. I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it! It had some ugly coralish color pillows with them. I thought instead of going out and buying new pillows for the couch that I could easily just crochet covers for the pillows that were already with it. I started it last week when I didn't have any power but set it aside when I started the Creativity Boot Camp but since I finished my assignment early today I thought today would be a good day to finish it up. I still have the other pillow to do. I will eventually get to it. :)

9 comments:

chelsey. said...

i love the colors!

LEFTZ said...

looks great :)

Lindsay said...

sooooooooooooo pretty!! loves loves loves!
xoxo,
Lindsay

LittleGemsbyKari said...

i started to do a set for mine- maybe this will give me the push to finish! cute!

Elizabeth said...

woah! that looks so cool! I can't wait to see what they look like on the couch! :)

Stephanie ;) said...

wow, it's a fine piece of work! the colour combination reminds me of a cake my friend baked during Hari Raya (a Muslim festival). :)

Kayla said...

The colors are so pretty!!! And as soon as I saw this pillow it instantly took me back to when I was a child. My grandmother had pillows like that all over the place! I loved those things!! I think she may have given them away or something, but it was so neat to see that! Great job BTW, it's beautiful!

♥kayla

www.themindwandering.blogspot.com

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Wow, I love it! The colors are gorgeous and so perfect for this time of year. I'd love to see a photo of them on the couch!

Becky Farley said...

I really love the colors you picked! Now I want to make some! Yours turned out so nice!