Thursday, October 8, 2009

mmmm i love you fall

Today it's all rainy and I feel pretty lazy and sleepy but I wanted to show you a few things I am working on. My friend Stacy showed me a recipe from the Our Best Bites website. It was their Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe. It really is easy and very yummy!

I have also been working on a pair of D.I.Y. saddle shoes. I have had these shoes sitting around for 2 years. I bought them for the CCCB Agape Banquet. It was my first semester and I had no idea about the banquet. Apparently you wear formal dresses... which I didn't bring with me to college and I wasn't about to go buy a nice dress for this and neither were my friends so we decided to get costumes at some costume shop in Columbia. We went as the Pink Ladies & Thunderbirds. So I had to buy this pair of shoes for that and have been sitting in my closet since then.

I came across this tutorial on the Bleubird Vintage blog. I thought this would be perfect for my pair of shoes! I'm almost done with the second shoe... I'm taking a break :)

8 comments:

chelsey. said...

ooh, definitely show us how those turn out.

Unknown said...

I am making the same shoes how cool! I bought the stuff today :)

slmpetersen said...

Glad you enjoyed the muffins! I think their the bomb!

miss james said...

oh yayyy!!!! so glad you are making the shoes.
xoxo.
miss james.

janel. said...

wow!! You had me at pumpkin chocolate chip muffin!!!

LEFTZ said...

those sound so yummy!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Mmm I'm off to check out the recipe!

Jenn said...

I just made pumpkin chocolate chip bread this week. Pumpkins and chocolate chips definitely go together great :]