Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Delicious!

Since we moved into our new apartment I haven't had the motivation to cook much but last night I walked past another apartment and could smell something wonderful cooking inside. It inspired me to cook up something. So I picked out one of my favorite meals that I randomly came across on the internet and tried. It is so delicious that I wanted to share it with you all. I found it on Cooks.com.

Chicken Cacciatore
1/2 cup olive oil
1 medium onion
1 medium clove minced garlic

1/2 cup of a 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1/4 cup port wine
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 large fresh basil leaves (optional)
8 chicken tenders
pasta (any kind)

Finely chop the onion and saute in oil for 15 minutes over low heat. Add garlic, tomato paste, salt, wine, and basil.
Bring sauce slowly to a boil while stirring then reduce heat to a simmer (low heat).

Bake chicken in oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Shred chicken into bite sized pieces and stir into sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Seth said...

It is so good!

wishwithme said...

Sounds yummy :D

Sharon said...

I may have to try this because there is a huge batch of basil in a container on the deck and I love port!

Natalia said...

Hi Carol,
Your blog's all cute :)
Thanks for entering the giveaway!

cabin + cub said...

Sounds super yummy! I am getting hungry after reading this... ;)

Noomie Doodles Fashion said...

yummm.. i alwasy get really hungry when someone posts a recipe...